Whoa Dough’s Health & Wellness Tips

As we begin to get well immersed into the new season, it is often that we begin to have the desire to reset our systems. I don’t know about you, but I still find myself gravitating towards my lazy summer habits, and have struggled to get myself back into an efficient, and productive routine. That being said, there are a few tips and tricks you can follow in order to get yourself back on track. Keep reading to hear Whoa Dough’s top 8 health and wellness tips for a full mind and body reset!

1) Start Small & Slow.

Having trouble motivating yourself to start eating healthier, get to the gym, or even get adequate work done? Well, many times we struggle as much as we do because we tend to have an all or nothing mentality. We believe we have to achieve all our goals instantaneously, or else we tend to get discouraged and not bother trying at all. Sometimes we forget that change takes time, and the most important thing is to keep trying hard and moving forward. Just aim to be a little more productive than you were yesterday– but remember, progress is not linear.

2) Prioritize Your Mental Health.

Going from an extended period of relaxation to an active season can be challenging mentally. Your brain may struggle in making such a big change in such a short period of time, and that in turn can affect your mental health. Make sure you are prioritizing YOU, and don’t let your increasingly active schedule prevent you from making time for yourself. Try to engage in relaxing daily activities such as taking a hot bath, reading a good book, or watching your favorite show– even if it is just for a little bit!

3) Be Positive.

It is easy to begin undertaking a negative mindset when your schedule begins to pick up. Just remember that the more you allow negative thoughts to penetrate your mind, the worse you are going to begin to feel. Try finding small wins throughout your day, or begin reciting daily positive affirmations.

4) Plan Out Your Week.

Oftentimes, we struggle as much as we do because we don’t effectively plan out our weeks and organize our time. It can feel as though you have considerable clutter in your head if you don’t write out a schedule, which can in turn cause ample stress and reduce productivity. Try purchasing an agenda and mapping out your weekly schedule in order to reduce the amount of anxiety surrounding your week. 

5) Set Goals For Yourself.

It is hard to get through a busy day sometimes if you don't have the proper motivation. In order to avoid plateauing or regressing, try giving yourself daily goals. Whether these goals amount to work, fitness, or even your personal life, strive to better yourself by working towards something. Goals can help increase productivity and foster a better attitude for oneself.

6) Give Yourself a Bedtime.

Sleep is important! Don’t let the change in season or routine be the reason your sleep begins to falter. Make sure you are getting an adequate night’s rest, and that you are prioritizing about 8 hours of sleep every night. Try shutting off your electronics 30 minutes to an hour before your self-designated bed time, and sticking to the same time schedule every night.

7) Stay Active.

Even if it is just a short walk around the block, make sure you are getting daily activity. Even though you may find yourself with less time on your hands than during the summer, make sure you are still making the effort to get outside or to the gym. Not only is it good, albeit, necessary for your physical health, but it also does wonders for your mental health and productivity levels.

8) Eat Right.

Of course, one of the arguably most important tips to maintaining a healthy lifestyle is making sure you're eating right. Nutrition is one of the top factors in guaranteeing one’s success. Did you know that you are way more likely to be productive if you eat right? Not only will you have more energy to get through the day, but you will also feel happier, stronger, and healthier the more you prioritize your diet. Here at Whoa Dough, we like to believe that all foods fit, and to focus on a general 80/20 rule, whereby 80% of your diet is composed of nutrient dense foods, and the other 20% is composed of whatever foods bring you joy. (Just as a quick side note, Whoa Dough happens to fit in either category, so if this article isn’t your daily reminder to go grab a Whoa Dough bar, consider it to be so!)

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published